By Tammera M. Race,Stephann Makri
Accidental info Discovery: Cultivating Serendipity within the electronic Age offers readers with an attractive dialogue at the methods serendipity—defined because the unintended discovery of valued information—plays an immense function in artistic problem-solving.
This insightful source brings jointly discussions on serendipity and knowledge discovery, examine in computing device and data technological know-how, and fascinating ideas at the artistic method. 5 thorough chapters discover the importance of serendipity in creativity and innovation, the features of serendipity-friendly instruments and minds, and the way destiny discovery environments might inspire serendipity.
- Examines serendipity in a multidisciplinary context
- Bridges idea and practice
- Explores electronic info landscapes of the longer term with essays from present researchers
- Brings the concept that of unintentional discovery and its worth entrance and center
Read Online or Download Accidental Information Discovery: Cultivating Serendipity in the Digital Age (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Best storage & retrieval books
Tile-based mapping platforms have grown to develop into the dominant kind of mapping procedure with the increase of Web-based mapping instruments. The foundation of this booklet is a wish to gather all our discoveries, innovations, and top practices for making a til- mapping procedure into one mixed quantity. The cause of this article is to supply a accomplished advisor to the speculation in the back of making a tiled-map approach in addition to a realistic consultant to create a concrete implementation.
The Bayesian community is among the most crucial architectures for representing and reasoning with multivariate chance distributions. while utilized in conjunction with really good informatics, probabilities of real-world purposes are accomplished. Probabilistic equipment for BioInformatics explains the applying of likelihood and facts, particularly Bayesian networks, to genetics.
This ebook constitutes the completely refereed brief papers, workshops and Doctoral Consortium papers of the 20 th East eu convention on Advances in Databases and knowledge platforms, ADBIS 2016, held in Prague, Czech Republic, in August 2016. The eleven brief papers and one old paper have been rigorously chosen and reviewed from eighty five submissions.
Methods to use the Apache Hadoop initiatives, together with MapReduce, HDFS, Apache Hive, Apache HBase, Apache Kafka, Apache Mahout, and Apache Solr. From developing the surroundings to operating pattern purposes each one bankruptcy during this ebook is a realistic educational on utilizing an Apache Hadoop environment venture.
- Grid and Cloud Database Management
- Philosophical Engineering: Toward a Philosophy of the Web (Metaphilosophy)
- Database Modeling and Design: Logical Design (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems)
- The Geometry of Information Retrieval
- Database and Expert Systems Applications: 26th International Conference, DEXA 2015, Valencia, Spain, September 1-4, 2015, Proceedings, Part I (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Additional resources for Accidental Information Discovery: Cultivating Serendipity in the Digital Age (Chandos Information Professional Series)
Accidental Information Discovery: Cultivating Serendipity in the Digital Age (Chandos Information Professional Series) by Tammera M. Race,Stephann Makri
- New PDF release: Besser Eigentor als gar kein Tor: Fakten, Fouls und Flanken
- Download PDF by Frank Stadelmaier: Neue Kriege und die Kriegsforschung. Zur Notwendigkeit